1) We separate all our rubbish using separate bags for plastics, glass and paper for recycling
2) We recycle our patient's paper drinking cups by using a separate bin for these in reception. They are then commercially composted.
3) Clean cardboard is flattened and placed out on the curb to be recycled in the WCC Tuesday collection
4) We encourage our staff and practitioners to have their own 'keep cups' if buying a cafe coffee and also to bring their own container to save on waste if buying their lunch. (Even better to bring themselves a healthy lunch from home!) A really great container for this is a glass rectangle or square with a plastic click down lid. These are available at most homeware stores.
5) We have cleaners in three times a week using ethical green cleaning products.
6) We pass on items of used furniture/working electronics to Kiwi Community Assistance who do a wonderful job helping voluntary organisations give to people in need in our community.
7) In our eastern suburbs clinic we do the same recycling plus also composting to build a 'food forest' type vegetable garden!
8) We gave all our staff and practitioners reusable fruit and vegetable bags and bamboo toothbrushes for Christmas 2018!
Big thanks to Bev and everyone in the practice working together to help to look after our beautiful planet!