A headache can take over your life. It can be very difficult to think and hard to function.
At City Osteopaths Healthcare, we have been treating people with headaches and migraine for over 25 years and have helped thousands of Wellingtonians out of pain and on the path back to better health.
We have had patients with a constant severe headache for two years, have it resolved fully to a pain free status, with one gentle treatment.
There are many ways skilled hands-on treatment can help with many types of headaches and migraines. First we take a medical history, and then perform the appropriate neurological, physical and osteopathic examination. Each assessment and treatment is carefully optimised for your needs.
We are able to use a wide range of approaches including manipulation of the appropriate joints with Muscle Energy Technique, Functional, Fascial, Counterstrain, Cranial and Biodynamic Osteopathy. You can have a ‘click’ or choose to have more gentle treatment approaches. It is your choice.
If you would like to talk with one of our practitioners, please call 044991439 and one of us will call you back as soon as we are able. For quickest results, book in via our front desk team on 044991439 or go through our website booking online.
In the meantime, you could try the following:
1) Drink a big glass of water - you may not be aware you are dehydrated and dehydration has been shown to contribute to headaches.
2) Have a rest, close your eyes and do some slow deep breathing. See if you can make your out breath longer than your in breath. Relaxation helps contribute to change in your nervous system to normalise the blood supply. Lie down if possible and have a nap.
3) Make sure you have eaten something recently. Low blood sugar can contribute to the onset of some headaches including migraines. Too much sugar can contribute to headaches when your blood sugar drops again. It is better to eat nutritious food to help keep your blood sugar balanced.
4) Try a heat pack or a cold pack on your neck. This can help with reducing muscle spasm.
5) Do a gentle yoga class or go for a walk. Gentle exercise and a bit of fresh air can be very soothing and help your recovery.
We look forward to helping you!