- Runners knee
- Achilles tendonitis
- Hamstring strains
- Plantar fasciitis
- Shin splints
- Iliotibial band Syndrome (ITBS)
A pattern that we often see with our patients is that just as they start running and begin to make progress, then injury strikes. So, they ease off or even stop running completely and the pain goes away. Then, when you feel able to run again and increase your mileage, the pain comes back. Sound familiar?...
At City Osteopaths, we offer a unique and effective approach to resolving running injuries. This includes:
- Providing an accurate diagnosis
- Performing specialist functional movement assessment to understand the root cause of your injury
- Providing effective hands on treatment to help injured tissues heal
- Prescribing personalised exercise programs to help patients recover from injury, remain injury free and become better runners.
One unique aspect of our approach at City Osteopaths, that sets us apart from other clinics, is our accurate understanding of human function and running gait mechanics, as they relate to the whole body, not just the legs. This is the result of specialist training undertaken at the Gray Institute in the USA, with some of the worlds leading specialists in injury prevention and rehabilitation. We assess your top-to-toe movement, which enables us to get to the root of the problem.
Our goal at City Osteopaths is to:
- Diagnose and resolve patients running injuries
- Provide a management plan to help you remain injury free
- Enable you to become better runners!
A wise person once said “When you want to look for a problem, you need to know where to look…”
Come and see us at City Osteopaths, to let us help make you a better runner
See Lewis for:
- - Sporting injuries and exercise advice
- Shoulder injuries
- Restrictions and mobility problems
Phone 04 4991439 and speak with one of our reception staff to make an appointment.
Our website www.cityosteopaths.co.nz has more information and online booking link.